Saturday, November 1, 2008

November is here!!!
















Hello friends!! Everyone have a Happy Halloween?? We did!! Brooklyn has officially figured out the whole trick-or-treating process!! Momma could hardly keep up with her!

Halloween started off a little weird for me. I had a hard night the night before and then just felt so strange. Heidi did some kind of shifting and felt like she dropped...but I wasn't for sure. This kind of scared me because everything I've read and what the midwives have told me is that the second baby and those there after, won't drop until right before labor begins. YIKES!! I was have contractions all throughout the night but knew that they weren't it. So, I slept in my bed until about noon and finally found some energy to get up. (Brookie and I had to be over at Jessica's house at 12:30 or 1) When I got there I was still feeling kind of funny, so I decided to go ahead and make a call to my midwife. She said that she wanted to come over and check me and see if anything was going on. Once she got there she said that Heidi had definitely dropped, so she checked me. Her head is not engaged yet...which is really good!!! (I have to at least make it past Monday) I'm 20% effaced...which is good. That's not too much but shows that my body is doing something. Shawn (my midwife) said that usually once the babies drop like that we're looking at like 10 days to 2 weeks. So... we'll see. That's not any kind of guarantee but is definitely exciting...and a little nerve racking!! So...my instructions were to take it easy, drink a glass of wine, and relax...+ some bubble baths!! woohoo!! So, I'm following those orders. Monday I have my 36 week risk assessment at 8am. That's why she has to wait until then. I have to have those papers before we can have her at home!!

Today is my baby shower. Brookie and I are both really excited. I've been cleaning the house this morning, trying to get things back in order...that way I can bring the presents home to a clean house!! Well, I'm gonna get outta here. I'll post some pictures of the baby shower later on. Love you guys!!

0 comments: