/' Sad news. Thursday morning I got a phonecall that no one ever wants to get...the passing of a family member. All things race through your mind, thoughts of "how did this happen? What do I do? Who do I help?"
We all knew it was coming, soon, but still, getting that call is a hard one to take.
Memaw lived an amazing life. Full of love for her family and others. She came into this world with that love and left with the same kind of love.
She was found in my papaw's arms which is where she always wanted to be when she left. They were married 66 years. It's hard to find that kind of love anymore. People now a days take love and the people God gives them for granted....so finding a couple that is still just as in love 66 years later as they were the day they met is a pretty amazing thing for one to witness.
No one was sure how Papaw would handle this whole situation. Besides, he's the one everyone thought would go first. He's seems to be in good spirits though, or as in best spirits as one can be.
A long time ago, when my grandparents built the farmhouse, my Papaw planted big rose bushes for Memaw. They bloomed in all kinds of colors. He always made a point to have roses on Memaw's kitchen table. As a child, that is one of my strongest memories I have being really little. Many years ago though, the bushes stopped blooming. I think just due to no one talking care of them. A few days ago, Papaw said that he needed a pink rose for Memaw. (Pink because it's my Memaw's favorite color) With that being said, my brother-in-law and nephew went for a walk down here at the farmhouse and Memaw's rose bushes were in full bloom and out of all those blooms, one small pink rose was right in the middle. That little rose is the one that Papaw will give to her today. Divine, don't you think?!
Today will be a long one. Mom and daddy are already gone to the cemetery to get things in order and I think the funeral will be at 2. I'll will be back on later to post how things have gone. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we go through this today. We love you all and we'll see you soon.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Sad news
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh Nikki, I'm so sorry to hear about Memaw. I loved her like she was my own grandmother, and I hadn't had the pleasure of seeing her in so long. Let me know when the funeral is, I would love to be able to come.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes smoothly today for you guys.
Post a Comment