Tuesday, October 28, 2008

35 Weeks and a Funeral

I am officially 35 weeks now....one more week and I'm full term!! WOOHOO!!! Here's how the baby's doing~
How your baby's growing:Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

I definitely know that she's tipping the scales now!! haha. When we were in El Dorado, Brandon took me to Wal-Mart to get some pantyhose (big mistake!!) and we walked by the freezers and I just stopped dead in my tracks!! My eyes got as big as a deer in the headlight!! You see, I don't have a full length mirror at my house, so I can't quite tell just how big my belly is. I can tell you with certainty that that freezer let me know VERY quickly. I ran to Brandon and was like..."Why didn't you tell me I was that big? I look deformed!!" If you know my husband at all, than this won't surprise you. "Honey, you look like a pregnant lady. What do you want me to do about it?" I just slapped him across the arm and we both just started busting out laughing. Then he informed me that I'll only look like this for a few more weeks!! :-) I'm not sure if that made me feel better or not....but at least he was sweet about it. hehe.

The funeral went very well this weekend. Memaw would have been pleased. It was very peaceful and I feel as though everyone, especially my mom, received the closure that they needed. Mom was a trooper through the whole thing and I'm very proud of her. To be honest, I was quite nervous driving down there. Not knowing what to expect, what would happen, how people would act....it scared me. Brandon and I left out just in time though. They moved Memaw's viewing up from 4-6 to 2-4. We managed to make it just in time. It took me a little time to go up and see the woman that loved us all those years; but as a little time went by, momma took my hand and everything was okay. She looked beautiful. Peaceful. And at home. I always pictured funerals as being these horrible things; painful and heart crinching. But Memaw's wasn't like that at all. Maybe it's because we all know where she is now and that it was time. We all loved her very much and we're going to miss her.

I'm not sure if you all heard about the shooting a UCA this weekend. That's another thing that happened that we had to deal with. You see, Mindi, my little sister, attends UCA. She was suppose to be staying there this weekend instead of coming home. Here is some news about it:

Classes are canceled and police are guarding all entrances to the University of Central Arkansas, as detectives continue to investigate an overnight shooting that left two students dead and a third person injured.Police have yet to make any formal arrests, but say they have identified four suspects — all from the central Arkansas area, but none of them students. At the time of posting this blog, two of those suspects are in custody.

They were shot in my little sister's dorm hall. Scary huh?! Mindi cried and cried. School started back today, not that she's going, and is supposedly carrying on as normal. God's hand was definitely with us and over Mindi. Because of Memaw's passing, she wasn't there. Isn't funny how God works things out for our good. What a blessing.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We love you!!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I hadn't heard about the UCA shooting, thats really awful. I'm glad Mindi is alright though. I hate funerals too, but I'm glad your mom is feeling better.

How are you feeling?? I'm sure you're getting excited :) anyways, hope all is well with you guys :)