Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.
Can you believe it?? She's almost here!! Some friends of our just had their little baby girl last Monday. They've brought her over so we can hold her and stuff and boy does that make the anticipation rise even more!! When Brandon was holding her he just looked at me and said, "Oh my gosh. I forgot about this part. I can't wait!!" haha.
Today's kind of a busy day for me. 8 am is my doctor's appointment, then I see my midwives at 3:30. Today is the last time I'll be seeing the doctor, and my appointment with Shawn (midwive) is the one where we start getting everything ready and in order. Brandon and I will be walking her through the house and showing her where everything is, that way when the day comes she's got some kind of an idea so Brandon's not running around like crazy. Plus, I've got to get busy on the cleaning. I told Brandon that I want all my carpets cleaned this week, on top of that, the spider webs keep accumulating in my house. I swear I get them down all the time but it's like they're invading!! So, that will be another priority of mine!
Oh- Baby shower went awesome! Thank you to everyone who was able to come and see me and I love all my pink gifts!!! Love you guys!!
Monday, November 3, 2008
36 Weeks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment