Monday, November 10, 2008

37 Weeks and Countin' Down!!

How your baby's growing:Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Wow!!! 37 Weeks!!! I can't believe it. Actually I can a little because now that I can't sleep it seems as though I've been pregnant FOREVER!!! haha. Everything's going really good. I'm noticing more and more things happening in/with my body as it's getting ready. Now I just wish I new when she was coming. Brandon called me this morning to check on me and asked me if I was going to have the baby this morning. I told, "No, I don't think so." He said, "Good!! My phone is about to die and I have to leave it in my truck to charge. But I'll be calling you back around noon. You better have your phone by you!!!" He's not getting excited or anything, huh?! My last appt last Monday, we went over all the things that will happen, kind of the order of things I should say. And they asked for any special request and one request is that Brandon wants to deliver the baby!! I kid you not!! And he's going to!! He's really excited about that....you know, to be the first one to hold her and see her....that's a very special thing!! My next appt. is today at 3pm. Maybe they'll be able to see some progress.
OH!!! Something I failed to mention!! Brandon, Steve, and Kyle went hunting this weekend and took down 4 deer!! 3 Bucks and a doe!! 1-8 point and 2-6 points. They were so excited, but are now officially worn out!! After doing all the gross things you do to a deer after you shoot them, they had to bring them home, get everything cut up, bagged, and etc....!! I think they said they got a couple hundred pounds of meat!! We're definitely stocked for the winter!! I'll post some pics of the deer whenever I get them!!
Hope everyone had a good weekend!!! Bye!!

1 comments:

meb02 said...

Hey Nikki!!!!!

I can't believe your about to have a baby any day...if seems like only yesterday that I heard you were pregnant! I am making something for Heidi and I would love to mail it to you. What's your address? I hope you have a safe delivery and enjoy what I send you!!!

Mary Butler