Winter weather is FINALLY approaching and the need for Hot Chocolate and fireplaces are here! I love winter weather....well, actually, I say that and then by the end of winter I'm so sick of it and ready to move on to Spring! :-) Brooklyn asks me everyday when it's going to snow and the thought of snow just excites me. With the predictions being as they are this year (tons of snow) my plan is to introduce Brooklyn to snow ice cream. My momma made if for us every year it snowed as kids. Tuesday, I'm planning on breaking out the Christmas Tree and all the decorations and getting a head start on them....that is if Heidi doesn't decide to come in the next few days. Brandon's gonna shoot me when he comes home and there's a Christmas tree standing up in our living room, but hey, the way I figure, we have so many blessings this Christmas that I want to enjoy....so putting up the tree a few weeks early shouldn't be a big deal.
Thanksgiving is coming up in a few weeks and I can't believe how fast it's come. It's the one meal that I REALLY look forward to all year long. My family's Thanksgiving dinner is by far the best!! My older sister is a genius in the kitchen and she makes some of the best things you'll ever put on your fork and bring to your mouth! Sweet potato casserole for instance....you may think you know how to make it....but once you try hers....you'll be dumping yours out the kitchen window yourself. Mom's planning on doing Cornish hens this year for Thanksgiving which I think is a pretty interesting idea since everyone gets so much turkey this time of year. Daddy's the man when it comes to cookin' the meat!! Just give him what he needs and stay away. He usually wakes up at like 3 or 4 in the morning to get started on it!! That's right.....it's good. Momma's always trying new stuff in the kitchen. We have our regulars that she does and has mastered, but usually we'll get some kind of new dish to try. So, I'm curious what this year holds. You can count on the "Pink Stuff" to have it's own special place at our table. (I'll explain later) My grandmothers stuffing is probably one of the things I look forward to the most at Thanksgiving. That with Cranberry Sauce (from a can....I could eat it all from the can) just puts me right in heaven for a day....I'll eat it for Breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. Luckily for me....my sister has mastered this as well!! YEAH!! So, needless to say, I'm so excited about being with my family for Thanksgiving this year. And hopefully Brandon and I will have a new addition to bring to the table!!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment