Tuesday, December 2, 2008

40 weeks....and she's still in here!

How your baby's growing:It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

I had an appointment yesterday with Shawn and everything looks fine...besides my iron which is extremely low again. My fault might I add. With all of the Holiday stuff going on I've forgotten about taking my stuff. I could slap myself....and probably should. It's 8.7! So, I've been downing iron stuff all day yesterday and today. I have to get it back up and quick. I'll be so glad when she comes out and I don't have to worry about it. Last night I got absolutely no sleep, so this morning I was beyond the point of exhaustion. Thank goodness for Brookie....she knew I wasn't feeling good and let me sleep on the couch without bothering me. Poor thing. It's such a beautiful day, and I really need to take her to do something...just don't know if I can last. I can barely drive right now as it is because of the way you have to sit. (it's very uncomfortable and hurts) Well, I'm gonna get off here and try to read some. Love you guys.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow, what a cute blog. I'll be getting some lessons from you and Jessica. Heidi....are you here yet?

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you :( I hope she comes soon, and know that we're praying. love you!