Tuesday, September 23, 2008

30 Weeks!!

How your baby's growing:Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)



She's getting BIG!!! So is my belly!!! My midwife's appt. was yesterday. I got poked in my fingers 3 different times, which sucked. I hate needles!!! They had to retest my blood sugar levels and iron. Everything is checking out A-OK. I'm getting so anxious about Heidi's arrival. Our midwives kind of went through some procedures with us yesterday and talked about what to expect, what they're going to do with the baby, and all kinds of other neat things. They told me that they want me to eat and drink whenever I want during labor to keep my energy up. (how cool is that....much better than ice chips.) Then before they leave they want me to have a good protein and carb meal. So Brandon's all excited about that. Depending on when she's born (morning or night) he's wanting to fix a really good meal for us to enjoy. Haha. He's so cute. Another thing I'm really excited about is that they want us to buy lots of cotton receiving blankets, and when I go into labor they're going to be thrown into the dryer so when she gets here everything's going to be extremely warm for her. They said that we're even going to really bump up the heat too. Thinking about everything, especially since we're getting closer to the time, is making me all giddy and excited. Brandon too. I really think that this labor is going to be such an awesome experience....peaceful and relaxing and just downright enjoyable!!! And....NO NEEDLES!!!! YEA!!! We're starting our birthing classes next Monday. We only have to go through 2 of the courses since we pretty much know the whole gist of the labor part; we're just going to the classes about emergencies and stuff like that.



Anyways, hope you guys are enjoying your day!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo all that stuff i just read about you having the baby was super cool sounding. are you going to do one of those water birth things? please excuse me for not knowing proper "baby having" terminology.

i sighed a bit of relief when I read your comment, sometimes I'm afraid people won't get my sense of humor. I'm so glad you do :D

Matt and I are going to Rogers this weekend I think...his friends are going to work on the car, any chance we could hangout?

Hope you have a good day!
Rachel xx