Saturday, August 25, 2007

So, I'm sure most of you have heard by now. I'm still not really sure how to talk to any one about it other than the to the people who were so deeply involved with Brandon and I. I don't know what all you must know but this is from us, and just to lay our hearts out to you will be healing in itself.

Wed. morning Brandon took me to the ER due to bleeding and cramping....symptoms that are not suppose to be happening while pregnant. We went in good faith, trying to keep our hopes up about the situation. They took blood and started an IV of pain killers for me because the pain was so excruciating. To me, the pain was more intense then Brooklyn's birth by far! Around 5 we were able to get an ultrasound done, by 6 they told us no heartbeat was there and I was for sure miscarrying.

Brandon and I cried many tears Wed. Mom and Mandy came up to the hospital around 3am to take care of Brandon and I. Yavonne had Brooklyn. Everything about that day seemed so surreal. Made me want to question so many things, but I couldn't. I believe God prepares you for all the situations you go through in life. He was right there with us holding our hands and telling us that is was okay.

Thursday afternoon, then baby was born. Yavonne helped me, gave me a shoulder to cry on, and just someone to hold on to. Phones were shut down that day, so she had to pick Brandon up and bring him to me.

We placed the baby in a small wooden box and layed him to rest under the big walnut tree out at our land. Brandon prayed over are little angel and we left the rest in God's hands.

I have peace now. I'm glad we handled it the way we did and I know that my little baby is up in heaven waiting on Brandon and I. God knew what he was doing and there is a purpose and reasoning for everything. God has given Brandon and I both peace and security about everything. The doctor says we have to wait 3-4 months before trying again; so we'll see. Time heals when you allow God to work, and that's what we're planning on doing. Not sure how soon it will be, we're just going to get past these next months and see after that.

Thank you to those who were there for us this week. Both of our families are the only reason we've been able to be as strong as we have through this. Their love and encouragement and just them being there not saying anything at all, got us through this rock and hard place. Thank you!! You know who you are and Brandon and I will NEVER forget it. God has blessed us so immensely, and all of you are apart of that blessing.

Right now Brandon and I are wanting to fully concentrate on Brooklyn, our beautiful gift from God. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. We love you all.

Nikki & Brandon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started reading your blog here and there a couple of months ago. ( I found it through Jessica's) I have sat at my computer bawling reading this entry. I just wanted you to know that you and your whole family are in my prayers.

Rachel said...

We are praying for you guys. We love you!