Tuesday, July 10, 2007

7 Weeks....and still counting. Got a long ways to go!!!






Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I haven't felt to good lately. So much has happened I don't really know where to begin. First I'll start out with the 7 week deal!!!


7 Weeks



Your baby still appears to have a small tail (actually, it's an extension of his tailbone), which will disappear in the next few weeks. But that's the only thing getting smaller. Now almost half an inch long — roughly the size of a raspberry — he has elbow joints and distinct, slightly webbed fingers and toes. In his oversized head, both hemispheres of his brain are developing. His teeth and the inside of his mouth are forming, and his ears continue to develop. Eyelid folds partially cover his tiny peepers, which already have some color, and the tip of that nose you'll be tweaking someday is emerging. His skin is paper-thin and his veins are clearly visible.Your little one also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. His liver is busy producing red blood cells, and a loop of your baby's growing intestines is bulging into his umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from his tiny body. You can't feel his gyrations yet, but your baby is like a little jumping bean, moving in fits and starts around his watery home.

Your baby still appears to have a small tail (actually, it's an extension of his tailbone), which will disappear in the next few weeks. But that's the only thing getting smaller. Now almost half an inch long — roughly the size of a raspberry — he has elbow joints and distinct, slightly webbed fingers and toes. In his oversized head, both hemispheres of his brain are developing. His teeth and the inside of his mouth are forming, and his ears continue to develop. Eyelid folds partially cover his tiny peepers, which already have some color, and the tip of that nose you'll be tweaking someday is emerging. His skin is paper-thin and his veins are clearly visible.Your little one also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. His liver is busy producing red blood cells, and a loop of your baby's growing intestines is bulging into his umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from his tiny body. You can't feel his gyrations yet, but your baby is like a little jumping bean, moving in fits and starts around his watery home.

Isn't that awesome!!??!! I'm getting really pumped. I haven't made my doctors appointment yet. I'm suppose to talk to some midwives tomorrow. It's still kind of up in the air about whether or not we want a midwife or a doctor for all the appointments. I found a couple of midwives for northwest ar. Now its just whether or not they accept our insurance. That's a biggy!!

Yavonne and I went to a fabric store in Fayetteville the other day. I couldn't find anything that I really wanted, so I'm going to check some more places out. The colors are going to be green silk and brown mink stuff (It's super soft). Hopefully we can get the fabric soon and start working on it towards the end of summer when the girls go off to school! We have alot to do before the baby gets here. Replace the carpet, paint the kids rooms, buy a changing table (didn't have one for Brookie and now I realize just how important it is to have one), and I'm going to start working on buying up diapers, clothes, bottles, and etc. That way when the baby gets here, everything will be in order!!

Today I took Brooklyn to the movies. Ice Age the Melt Down was playing. We met up with Janice and her kids, then Yavonne dropped Grace and Seirra off and came back a little later. We went to McDonalds after that and then to the Library. They were having a magic show today that the kids seem to really enjoy....except Brooklyn....she was more interested in the exotic fish in the library!! haha. Does that suprise you???

Brandon went up to Missouri today to go see camp Barnabas. They built some cabins up there last winter, and the campers were there this week, so they got to go eat with them and watch them enjoy the camp that they worked so hard on. I think it was pretty enjoyable for him. Being able to see something that you did is such awesome use is pretty amazing.....something to take great pride in!! I'm sure all the men were really proud of what they accomplished up there!!

Sorry I haven't posted any pictures. My camera officially sucks!!!!! I went to Best Buy and they don't even make the disk anymore that go in them!! How crappy is that?? Anyways, I've got to figure something out and soon!! Can't lose my memories!!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

so i made one of these things so i could keep up with your crazy life a little better :P okay so its not crazy, but you know what i mean. hehe, anyways hope you're doing well :) we need to hangout soon...ooo and we need to go to kennedy's yay lol <3 yah xx