Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hello World!!!

Forgive me everyone! I have written a few blogs recently, but for some odd reason I would have to walk away from my computer (note pic above) and never got a chance to actually publish my writings!!! But here I am, this time my intentions are to tell my story and actually post it for you all to read.

I've had the girls for almost 3 weeks straight....my breaks have been few and far between. BUT....I have the night off from work, I've spent all sorts of good times with my angels today, now it's mommy time.

So, here I am! The girls are tucked away in their beds sound asleep. I've made some good ol' homemade hot chocolate, poured me a cup and topped if off with tons of ReadyWhip. I've turned on my country music, turned off all the lights, lit some candles, grabbed the laptop, and here I am!!! Finally!!! Whewww.....how nice is this? I don't think I've have any "me time" in who knows how long. I think I'm likin' this. I could definitely get use to it, that's for sure.


For those of you who don't know, I'm dating some one now! He's an amazing christian man who sees me for me and nothing else. I've been praying for some time now for God's man for me and my girls, just didn't know He would bring him so soon. Everyone loves him, all my family and friends. And the girls think he just hung the moon!! Bonus points!!!

Everything here's been so crazy. We haven't even been in town for the past couple of weekends. Work all week long then hit the road for some kind of road trip!! haha....I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong, but it is a little tiring. Especially when we're luggin' along two little girls. Last weekend, Jonathan, me, and the girls headed to Tulsa to meet his family...who by-the-way had other intentions to go to Oklahoma City to White Water! So, we got in Friday night at 1:30 in the morning, got up at 7 to head out to OK City and stayed there over night. We had such a good time. His family is amazing! I haven't gotten to meet his parents yet because they live in Puerto Rico....so hopefully a trip there will be coming up before too long!!

We just got back from El Dorado on Sunday. I was so ready to get down there and was so not ready to leave. Jonathan got to meet my family for the first time (extended fam) and loved them. Mac and Mindi got in Friday night and all 4 of us headed out to Bayou Bistro to have some dinner. We laughed the entire meal....I'm sure everyone there thought we were crazy....oh well!!! :-) Saturday night we all went over to my grandparents for dinner. We squeezed around their table and told stories and laughed the whole night. Brookie and Heidi were so excited to be there. Brooklyn never left my dad's side and Heidi cryed for my momma all the time, which I'm sure just melted my momma's heart every time. When we loaded everything and got the girls in the car, I started choking up....finally the tears started. I went to my dad, he grabbed me and just hugged me for what seemed like eternity. I didn't realize how much I missed my parents. When we saw mom, she ran and hugged me too. They both told me that everything was gonna be OK and just take one day at a time. Seems so easy to say, yet so hard to do.

Mindi is moving Friday. Back to school she goes. So now it's just going to be me and the girls...and well, Jonathan of course. But he doesn't live here so it doesn't really count. I don't really know what I'm going to do with myself. Independency is coming my way....I'm kind of scared!!! I'm thinking about getting my concealed weapons liscense. That might help me!! Haha!! We'll see!!


Oh, the girls are doing awesome!!! I feel like we're making some progress. Brooklyn's had some issues lately dealing with the divorce, but I think we're startin' to push past them. I do know it's a long road though and I'm praying everyday that God gives me the strength and the wisdom to help her through this. She'll be starting Pre-K this year on tuesdays and thursdays. I'm hoping that will help.
Heidi is crawling and sitting up all by herself now!! She's my little munchkin....wears me out!!! I've gotta get my playpen back so I can try to keep her consolidated!! :-) She's been really fussy the last couple of days, I think we've got some new toofers comin' in!!! Yay!!

Well, other than all that everything's been going some what good! We still have a long road ahead of us...but we're getting there. Slowly but surely!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki! I'm glad to read your blog again. This post really made me miss you. I am so glad to hear you are doing so well. You look beautiful as always. I'm really happy for you. :)