Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back from "Down Yonder"......

This is a vehicle we found down there.....thought it was too funny so I had to capture it on camera so you can see!!!

Mindi jumping off the dock....I took this pic, thought it turned out kinda cool.




Hello Friends!! I'm finally home.....not that I'm crazy about being here since now that I'm home I have to go back to work. That kind of depresses me! :-( My trip was awesome though. It's the first time I've ever been away and had absolutely no obligations to anyone or anything other than myself!! And tell you me, I needed it. (You know, to keep my sanity and all!) The drive down there wasn't too bad. We didn't pull out until around 5 on Thursday evening and got there about midnight. I pulled our jet skiies because we had big plans on taking them out to the river.






Our weekend was packed....we constantly had something to do or somewhere to go. First stop on Friday was to T-Models (my grandparents store) to get the best fish plate in the world. Then off to the river we went to get the jet skiies in the water and up the river to my uncle dock. That evening, Tanner, Rachael and I headed to down town El Dorado to do a little bit of site seeing. We found some of the cutest stores...but unfortunately in a small town like that, EVERYTHING closes early! So, we just got to window shop.



During our window shopping we discovered a little store that sold crawfish. Now, I am a country girl, and I know that ALL of my family eats crawfish....but I don't think I've ever tried it. So, we decided to go in and get some! Needless to say, in the end, Tanner, Rachael and me knocked out 8 lbs of crawfish!!! haha....they are really good!! If you haven't ever tried them, I recommend them to you!











Mac and Mindi are dating. (the two on the left) And this was Mac's first time to meet the Ford family. All in all I think he did pretty well. I believe he should fit in pretty good with our family.

























This is me and Mindi. We haven't gotten any Sis Pics in a long time. It was really awesome to be able to spend time with her.
























We spent all saturday out on the river playing. We rode the jet skiies for hours upon end, and still kept going. The heat down there is completely different then up here though; so you would see me on the jet ski, then the next you would see me in the water because it was so stinkin' hott. I did get myself a good tan though! Can't complain about that!













The boys were pretty interesting to watch on the jet skiies together....kind of freaked me out at some points. They were cuttin' up and making big splashes!!

























My point exactly.........
After a wonderful weekend, we finally had to make ourselves come home.....and look what we found!!! How great is this? A jet ski, on a trailor, in the back of a truck!!! I can't figure out how the man got this to work...but he did....and......


He was pullin' two more jet skiies!!! hahahahahah.....I laughed till I hurt!!!



All in all, we had an amazing trip. I'm making plans to go back and spend more time with my family. I would write more, but I have an honory 6 month old in my lap trying to help my type!!! Not very easy!!!
I love you all!!!
Nikki







0 comments: