Well ladies and gentlemen, my soothing rain has decided to go away for a while and the beautiful sun finally came out!! I can't tell you how HAPPY I am!! Don't get me wrong.....I love the rain....but when you start to wonder whether or not your house is gonna be in the same place tomorrow because the lake is so high; then we got ourselves a little bit of a problem.
All the green has sprung....another plus....because I don't have to hay the horses anymore. (great workout, but glad that's over.) Our chocolate labs are running all over the place, diving into the lake and pond, and always seeming to wipe me out with big branches that I consider small trees. I have more scratches and bruises on my legs because of them.
Another plus.....We had a filly born this year. (That's a baby girl horse for those who don't understand the terminology.) She's gorgeous. I named her Shiraz, which is a sweet red wine. She is a beautiful red bay with legs that go to the sky. Horses carry for 11 months.....I feel sorry for them. Just carrying my two for 9 months was hard; can't imagine throwing another 2 months on top of that.
Yesterday, Mindi and I had all four kids with us. (Kade, Kambrie, Brooklyn and Heidi) It was so pretty outside that we decided to go out and play some baseball. I learned very quickly......I suck!! Maybe it's just the fact that I haven't ever played, or it could be my hand-eye coordination.......we'll just say it's because I never played. Kade did awesome, as always. Brooklyn and Kambrie always seemed to get distracted. When they would hit the ball we told them to run....as they're running, they stop to pick flowers or find little ladybugs. haha. I laughed so hard. You can definately tell the difference between boys and girls on these matters. Needless to say.....I got some cardio in and the kids had a blast!!! Score.
Memorial day is coming up!!! I'm so excited. I have a friend coming into town, plus some friends that our going to join us out on the lake. IT BETTER NOT RAIN!! (I'm just throwing that out there.) The jetskiies are fixing to come out of hybernation and I'm gonna wash them till they sparkle. Mandy and I are going down to Hickory today and check everything out. Got to make sure we okay to go.
Brooklyn and Heidi are doing great!!! Brooklyn is getting so big and sassy....it's weird. I bought her her first pair of Pumas the other day and she completely rocks them out in style. Heidi rolls over with perfection now! And she's almost crawling! And she's spoiled.....can't even imagine why! Nobody here spoils her or anything.......!
My memory card on my camera is full....so I have to go get another one. I'll try to start posting some more pictures on here. The girls are really growing up and I'm loving every minute of it!!!
You guys have an awesome week!!!!
Love you all!



0 comments:
Post a Comment