Hey Everyone. Sorry it's been so long.....seems like every time I get on here that's how my sentence starts!! hehe. My life lately has been unbelievable....stressful, but blessed all at the same time.
My grandfather ended up passing away January 16 at 3 am. It was a very long and hard process to go through, but me and my family went through and can say that by God's power we were able to come out on the other side okay. We all stayed there with him in his last moments; something that I will never regret doing. We all knew he was passing. The doctors told us that everything was shutting down quickly, so mom and dad put him on comfort care....that's what my papaw wished for. In a way it was a blessing for his passing, because ever since memaw passed, he cried himself to sleep every night. They were married for 66 years. I know exactly where my papaw is now, he's with memaw and Jesus....there's no other place better than that.
The funeral was in El Dorado on the 18th.
Work is going good. Finally made some good money for the first time on Sunday. (I just finished with my training and can actually start making tips) I'm one of the shorter people who work there and when I have to carry out those huge trays I feel like I'm going to take some peoples heads off....I don't think I'd do too hott on the tips if that were the case. :-) hehe.
Today is my birthday!! Yeah!! I'm 22. Wow.
Brooklyn's birthday is coming up. She's going to be 4!!!! I can't believe it. Her birthday is March 9th, so I've tried to start coming up with some ideas. Got a few....mostly for presents though!
Heidi's doing great....she's still so tiny!! I still have her in newborn diapers and clothes!! Brooklyn came out of the so fast. She's really doing well with trying to hold her head up. You can't hardly put her down though, my family has spoiled her!! :-)
God is working out a lot of things in my life right now. I'm trying to get things sorted out and make sure that I'm going on the right path. Some things have been harder to take than others; some, I just know that the only way I can get through them is with God. I know that God has such great things planned for me and the girls and hopefully things will start coming around and getting better. God's been patient though. He's let me make my rounds and come back to the path that He started me on to begin with. Those of you who know what I'm talking about, know this. I love you all with all my heart and the decisions that were made were ones that I've seen coming for some time now. I pray with all my heart that no destruction is caused. I know God can do great things, but in order to do those great things we have to release our hold of them and know that we can't change it but He can. I wonder about the saying, "You've never loved until you've lost." You all hold such a big part of my heart and my life....that's one of the things that hurts the worst. I'm saying all this because you know who you are. It's harder to express it in person than it is on here; and I know I would never be able to say all the things that I feel. Please know that I love you and the girls love you and we'll always be here.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Happy Birthday to ME!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love you so very much, there are many things I want to say, but this comment box doesn't seem appropriate...not to mention I would end up leaving a paragraph or five...
just know that I love you
Hey Nikki,
We are praying for the changes going on right now.
I am so proud that you are going to school! It is so great!!!!
I was hoping Brooklyn would be able to go to Zoie birthday party this year.
It will be her first actual party!
I am really excited.
Please email me your address so that I can send you an invite. I hope you will be able to come its on February 28th
Post a Comment