Friday, November 28, 2008

A night out, stuffed like a turkey, the Black Friday....YIKES!!!

Wednesday night Brandon and I headed out with Kyle and Jessica to PF Chang's and then hit Malco to see the new movie Four Christmases!! Hilarious movie!! Definitely one I'll buy as soon as it comes out!! Every body's been recommending this Twilight movie....so I'm going to recommend this one!! I'm a comedy girl all the way through so this was straight up my alley.


Thanksgiving went really well. We started our day out at Jess and Sherrie's (Brandon's dad and step-mom) for lunch. What a blast!! We saw family that I've never even met before plus family that we very rarely get to see. The food was awesome...but I had to hold myself back because we had another Thanksgiving coming up at dinner time. With Heidi still not being here and all I had to really watch how much I ate because if I didn't I knew I was going to be absolutely miserable the entire day and all night long!! We had dinner at Steve and Yavonne's (Brandon's mom and step-dad) and had a wild game dinner. Very interesting meal for Thanksgiving but also very good!! I think I managed to do a pretty good job at how much I ate because I wasn't too terribly sick last night!! :-)


Afterwards...Brookie and I headed to Mandy's house to spend the night. Mandy, Mindi, and I had a whole plan worked out for Black Friday....which we've never attempted by the way!! This was our first year for Black Friday and with all the horror stories you hear we weren't quite sure just what to expect. We made our plan....made our lists....and weren't in bed until 12:30. BIG MISTAKE!! We were up by 4 and made it to Toys-R-Us at 4:45. There was a huge line waiting to get in the doors!! We had these older people yelling at us, "Cutters!! You're cutters!!" I mean seriously?? What are we, in kindergarten?? Wal-Mart was insane!! And Target was worse!!! The lengths people go to for this sale is unreal. Of course, I can't say much. Here I am, 2 days till my due date, and am up in line at 5 am to save money and toys for my little girl!! Oh the lengths you go to as a parent. hehe. Needless to say....we just about got hit 3 times, were called cutters, and came close to having things taken from us I'm sure....but....with all that being said, Brookie's Christmas is taken care of and my mind can rest knowing that my main spending spree is over!! Yeah!! Hope none of you got hurt this morning if you went!!

Love you guys!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe! Sounds like it was crazy! We should swap stories later...

Hope Brookie got lots of good stuff!