Yesterday, Brookie, her friend, Aunt Jay and I all headed to Springdale to go swimming with some friends of ours in Harbor Meadows. I don't know why we never used that pool when we lived there. I guess Brooklyn was just too small at the time. Anyways, we had a blast. Before we left I went through every single bathing suit that I had....and I do mean every one. And only one somewhat worked. My "you know what's" have just gotten too big!! Everything looks horrible. Very embarrassing!!! So the whole time I was uncomfortable, because I'm not quite looking entirely pregnant....just chunky!! (which I hate) Oh well....I just pushed past it and tried to have fun. Brooklyn was terrified of the water to begin with. She had to put her life jacket on then a swimming ring around the life jacket. haha. She could hardly move. She's not so sure about the whole water business....takes after her momma on that one. :-) She stayed in the extremely shallow part forever it seems like. She would just sit down with that life jacket and ring on. It was hilarious. Eventually I talked her into going out into the deeper water...and then before too long got her to take all the stuff off!! She was a go-getter after that!!
Oh, about the ultrasound. We didn't find out anything. The lady doing the ultrasound said that she thought I was a month off and said the baby was measuring around 14 1/2 weeks. Which didn't make any since to me because I had just turned a full 17 weeks, so if that were the case I should barely be 13 weeks. Do you follow?? Anyways, I got really upset....being a momma I guess, and pregnant, and someone tries to take a month away from me!!! I was devastated!! Brandon said I looked like a hornet in there ready to get someone!! I think I was just quite. Anyways, I talked to my mid-wife and she said there's nothing to worry about. Ultrasounds aren't very accurate until about 20 weeks. Until then, no baby is the exact same measurement. They go through growth spurts and their size fluctuates differently then another baby would. So, the lady gave us a computer estimate of how far along the computer thinks I am. No fear though. The baby was gorgeous. It wasn't like a regular ultrasound where everythings hard to see, we could see our sweet baby crystal clear!! Beautiful sight!! Anyways, that's what's going on and we'll go back in a couple of weeks to do another ultrasound and try again!!!
Love everyone!!!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Sunshine and Summertime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment