Sunday, December 16, 2007

We Gotta ask Santa....


So, this is something I've been wanting to share.

A couple of weeks ago, Daddy and I took Brooklyn to the store. We told her that if she was really good we could go look at the toys.

She was, so off we go to toy-land. There were so many toys she didn't know where to start. She was picking up things left and right and trying to stick um in our buggy. We would simply tell her that Christmas was coming and if she wanted something she would have to ask Santa Clause and he'd bring them to her. She liked this idea and it didn't take her too long to catch on either. About 5 to 10 minutes go by and she would show us a toy and then say, "Now, we gotta put it back and ask Santa Clause." We're quietly applauding ourselves for what a good job we've done with our little 2 year old in such a short amount of time!! (high-fives every now and then)

Now we're startin' to realize that Santa Clause has a HUGE list by this point, so we move on....to momma and daddy things.

I'm quietly looking at cameras minding my own business when Daddy says it's time to go. Being the "momma" that I am, I give this pitiful little look to him, and I heard this sweet little voice say,

"It's okay Momma, you just gotta ask Santa Clause."

Melted my heart....!

So anyways, I'm going to take my 2 year old's advice and ask "Santa" for a camera!!! haha.


The Butchers

1 comments:

Rachel said...

you guys are beautiful. I loved the pictures of brooklyn on jessicas blog. i think i saw brandon the other day driving anyways cute story.