Can ya'll believe that fall is here? I love fall. It's like the most wonderful time of the year.....besides Christmas of course! I went to Wal-Mart the other day and got me tons of cinnamon candles and air fresheners!! I love it, now when you walk into my house it smells like a cinnamon factory!! :-) When I was little mom use to get cinnamon sticks and we'd glue them together, wrap ribbon around them and those would be our air fresheners for the season. Sometimes we even made reindeer out of them. They had the big bubble eyes and everything!! I loved it as a kid. I might do it with Brooklyn this year.
Okay, I've really got to start working on the potty training! I just hate it though. Just as few minutes ago Brooklyn ran up to me with her britchy in her hands and said come on momma. Well, she tee-tee'd on the floor. Wonderful huh? So, she's wearing Dora panties right now and I guess I'm going to try it today. Pray for me!
I'm ready to go pumpkin shopping. I'm not sure when Brandon and I are planning on taking Brooklyn this year. I can't wait though because this year she'll actually be knowing what's going on. OOOOO, that reminds me. I was going to tell you guys about her Halloween Costume thingy. Okay, so she's suppose to be a Fairy for Halloween. A cute fairy too. It's got glitter all over it and all the works. Girly as I'll get out. Well, I tried it on her the other night and she acted all excited about putting it on. Once I got that costume on her, I just took on over it. "Oh Brooklyn!! You're such a beautiful fairy!!" And you won't believe the words that came out of her mouth. "Nuh uh, momma. I Brooklyn. Brooklyn not a fairy. Get it off momma!!" My jaw just dropped! Brandon busted out laughing, because he hated it. He says he doesn't like the glitter and all that "fancy stuff". haha. "Well," I told him, "to bad. She's a girl, and she's wearing it. Girls are suppose to wear glitter." So I get the costume off of her and as soon as I do, I hear....."Grrrrr....Grrrrrr!!" I turn around and look at my child. She has her hands fisted up, and "Elvis face", and is hunched over. "I a Pirate, momma!! Brooklyn a Pirate for Halloween." Where ever did that come from? I don't think it was 2 seconds before I heard Brandon say, "That's my girl!! Daddy's gonna take you shoppin' and get you a pirate costume!!" Once again, my jaw dropped. My little girl's not suppose to be a Pirate!! Oh well, I guess I'm just gonna let them do it. haha....I really need a son though!!!!



1 comments:
I didn't make any effort towards potty training my 3YO until just this fall when it was required of him (us) by the preschool. And really and truly, it happened all in one day. I think it was so easy because he was older and ready. I got a lot of pressure from nearly everyone to start training sooner, but I'm glad I waited and avoided all the grief and false starts. I know it is probably different for girls, they say it easier. You didn't ask for advice, but if you did I'd say back off and don't sweat it.
And BTW, I have some very good friends who live in Rogers and I've been there many times.
Post a Comment