Sunday, July 22, 2007

Wwweeee'rrreeeeeee Back!!!!!!

So, the trip was tons of fun!! The place we stayed was amazing, and Brandon claimed us an awesome room too!!! The place was 6 bedroom, 6 bath, and had 4 kitchens!! Yah, pretty darn good for Branson. (I thought so anyways!) Brooklyn had a really good time. On Friday, the guys all went golfing (yuck) and all us girls headed to White Water!! Woo hoo!! Brooklyn loved it....well, at the beginning anyways. I've never been to White Water before and it was alot of fun. Friday night all the family (and I mean everyone....aunts, uncles, cousins...etc!!) went to Celebration City, which again, I've never been to. It's really neat, everything's like 50's themed and they have some really cool rides there. Brooklyn rode on the Train and loved it. It was this tiny kiddy train that went as slow as possible....she sat there and smiled the whole time!! Probably the only ride she'll want to go on for a while. I tried to get her on some other kiddy rides by telling her that they were choo choo trains, but just looked a little different. She's a smart cookie though and didn't fall for mamma's lies!! Saturday was fun as well....Jessica, Kyle, Brandon and Heather all headed to the Branson Landing, which is a new mall like the promanode, and spent the afternoon there, while Steve, Yavonne, and I took all the little ones to the Butterfly Museam and Rainforest. It was pretty interesting. I haven't ever in my life seen some many beautiful butterflies. They're from all over the world and all look so exotic. Brooklyn really liked that place, couldn't hardly get her to leave. Sunday, well, we packed up, checked out, and headed for Silver Dollar City for lunch....needless to say, we were sucked in and decided to do some rides and shopping while we were there. Brooklyn was able to go on a ride with me and I figured that maybe since she would be with me she'd be okay!! WRONG!!! We went on Fire In The Hole, a small slow rollercoaster. It goes through a tunnel and has a bunch of spooky scenes with things on fire. Then there are a few sudden very steep drops, in the pitch blackness by the way, and then to top it off, you get covered with water. I had only been on the ride once before and it was a long time ago....I had completely forgotten about all the scary stuff and the sudden drops (forgot how steep they were; they make your belly fall!!) I've never seen my little baby so scared in her life!! And the sad thing is, we had to go all the way through, I couldn't just take her off of it. She cried and cried and cried. I felt horrible. And then to tip it all off, the water covered us and she started screaming!!!! I've probably terrified my child of any kind of rides for several years to come!!

We're home now, finally. Feels good. And my house looks awesome. Rachel, my awesome friend, house sat for me, and she did a wonderful job!! Even made my bed!! Thank you Rachel!!! You're so awesome and I love you!!! Brandon got the mowing done and I picked the weeds, and now we're gonna sit back for the rest of the night and do absolutely nothing.....thank goodness. Maybe we'll be lucky tonight and get Brooklyn to bed early....we'll see!!! Love you guys!!!

0 comments: