Friday, June 1, 2007

Trip to the Zoo








































We started at 9:45. We're going to the Tulsa Zoo. Brooklyn, Grace, Jazmine, Yavonne, and I all took one car; the others took Aunt Janice's car. The trip there wasn't bad at all. I brought my little TV for the car which kept the girls occupied the whole way there. Once we got there we didn't really know where to start. So, we headed off for the Sea Lions, they had a demonstration going on at 2:30 that we thought the kids would all enjoy. The kids all had so much fun. We went on a train ride which took us all the way around the zoo premises so we wouldn't miss anything. Then we started making our way towards the bears and lions. The lions were absolutely gorgous. The male went over under the rocks at some point just to relax. Brookie was standing up on her stroller so she could see them, and he started roaring. It was LOUD!!! When I turned around to look at her, she had just slidden down. (It scared her!!) We also got to go into one of the building that was the Tropical Rainforest. It was so cool. There were these tiny little monkeys that were just precious. I wanted to just stick one in my purse and take it home with me. I'm sure Brandon would really appreciate that!! Next interesting stop was the Chimps. There was a momma, daddy, and baby chimp that we were able to see really well. The tiny little baby was all snuggle up to the momma and the daddy kept petting them and just loving on them. They were a ways across the area and all of the sudden the dad starts telling the momma to do something. He's tugging at her leg and pulling her arm. All of the sudden she gets up with her baby (he's following behind her) and they come and sit right in front of us. It was so awesome!! They were just eating and letting us take pictures of them!! It was like they knew we wanted to see them, so there they came!!


The whole zoo experience was awesome!! Brooklyn really loved it. I'm wanting to take her back sometime again. But the next time, I want to make sure we have plenty of time to look!!!


Here are some of the Zoo pictures....hope you enjoy!!













































































































0 comments: