Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday Morning

Well, I stayed up way too late last night. Till about 1 am I think. I just had to watch the finale of the Bachelor. It was really good. Brandon just layed there and slept while I watched. So now this morning....I'm exhausted. I should have known better.

Brooklyn and I went to visit my grandparents yesterday. Wow, that's really weird saying that. Usually when I go visit a grandparent, I'm driving 6 hours one way and I'm usually there for a while. Well, not anymore. My Memaw and Papaw have been living with my uncle for about 2 years now. There were some family problems, so my parents drove down there and picked them up and brought them back to Springdale. They seem so much happier. Papaw can go fishing and ride his 4-wheeler. Memaw lays in her bedroom to watch TV and she can look out her glass room and see the lake and the ducks. And get this....so far they have slept together every night since they've been here. They haven't slept in the same room for 30 years!!! Papaw's gained 6 pounds in 2 days and Memaw's eating like crazy. They had both lost so much weight, which really contributes to the kind of energy level you have. Daddy told Papaw that he probably start getting a lot of energy before too long. I hope so. They have so much to enjoy in life!! I'm excited that they're here because we moved away when Mindi and I were little (well, I was in 2nd grade). I feel like we've lost a lot of memories and quality time with them...now it's like we get that chance again. I can see my grandparents whenever I want and talk to them whenever I want. Brooklyn gets to see them and know them before they go. God works in mysterious ways.

0 comments: